Batches every month
About the Internship
At Socially Souled, we aim to offer complete exposure when it comes to offline Internship and training programs. A group of students enrolling together has an option of choosing the Modules they want to cover from the topics mentioned below.
Note- For the offline training, in addition to the modules chosen before, additional 15 hours would be counted based on the practicals, report making and activities given.
11 am to 1 pm
3 days a week
15 + hours
What will you learn?
Module 1. Ethics of Counselling (1 hour)
Module 2. All about Counselling Sessions (2-3hours)
- Resistant clients
- Irregular clients and its consequences
- Why clients stop coming
- Importance of breaks between sessions
- Burnouts and compassion fatigue
- Clients won’t do most of the things you want them to like writing positive affirmations or maintaining a journal
- How difficult is it to end the session within an hour and the importance of sticking to the time duration
- Accept that you can’t help everyone. Example: the lady who was in an abusive marriage but couldn’t be independent, take a stand or talk to the husband.
- What do clients expect
- To be okay in 1-2 sessions
- Advices that would instantly work
- To have quick solutions like taking a pill
- To get back something in an instance like an ex
- To move on from the hurt within 2 days
- To see improvements from the first day itself
- Things to take into consideration
- Background of the client- age, religious beliefs, economic background, the beliefs and attitudes they have
- Potential of the client to follow what you suggest like positive affirmations
- You can’t apply the same therapy for every client even if the situation is similar
- What not to do? (With reasons for all the points)
- Do not extend the sessions for more than an hour
- Don’t take more than 1 session a week
- Be mindful and don’t give any advice
- No Projections
- Don’t take a session if experiencing a burnout or when you’re not in the right state of mind
- No physical touch like holding hand or hugs or even a hand on the shoulder and why
- Don’t be a friend. (why)
- Don’t ask the client to stop crying
- Don’t use any words other than the client’s name to address them. Eg:using the word ‘JAAN’
- Don’t raise your voice at the client.
- Don’t look distracted. Eg: being busy on her phone during the session when you’re talking or crying
- Wear flashy clothes or loud makeup
Module 3. Ice-breaking/ rapport formation (1hour)
Module 4. Role plays(5-6hours)
- Importance of the words you use
- Open ended questions and their importance · Body language
- Voice modulation
- Questions to ask in the initial sessions
- How to end a session?
Module 5. History taking and MSE (1 hour)
Module 6. CBT (4-5 hours)
- What all comes under CBT
- When to use what
- How long does it take?
Module 7. Empty chair technique (2-3 hours)
- What is it
- When to use it
- What to expect during the session?
- How to end the session?
Module 8. Importance of Integrative Therapies like Art Therapy, Hypnotherapy, PLRT
- About them
- Where and when to apply them
- Legit institutions where you can learn them
Module 12. CBT vs DBT (Dialectical Behaviour Therapy) (2hours)
Module 13. Systematic desensitisation (1.5 hour)
Module 14. Schizophrenia (2hours)
Module 15. BPD- Borderline personality disorder and bipolar disorder difference (one is a mood disorder and the other is a personality disorder.) (1hour)
Module 16. Career prospects after bachelors or masters (1.5hours)
Module 17. REBT (2-3hours)
Module 18. Eating disorders (2hours)
Module 19. Discussing case studies (2hours)
Module 20. Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy (4-5 hours) -Introduction to Hypnotherapy and Self Hypnosis
- Levels of Hypnosis,
- States of Consciousness
- Theory of Mind
- SMART Goals
- Process of Self
- Power of Auto-suggestions
- Applications and benefits
- KeyWords and Metaphors
- 3 Self Hypnosis Practice Scripts and Live Herero- Hypnosis Demonstration
Module 21. Dream Analysis and Therapy (2-3 hours)
- Introduction to Dream Analysis and Interpretation
- Stages and Types of Dreams
- Steps in Dream Analysis
- History of Freud and Jung
- Interpreting symbols in dreams
- Dream Analysis Activities
- Journal prompts
Module 22. Jacobson Progressive Muscle Relaxation (2-3 hours)
- Introduction to Progressive Muscle Relaxation and JPMR
- Relaxation Techniques
- Understanding Its Applications
- Step by Step Process,
- Physiological Principles of PMR
- Reducing Bodily Tension Through
- Relaxation Technique, Precautions and Care to be taken and practice Scripts.
Module 23. Sound Healing and Sound Bath Experiential Session (1.5 hours)
Meet the mentor
Ms. Mansi Bhardwaj
MSc in Clinical Psychology
Mansi has hands-on experience in the field of Psychology and mental health and has been a scholar too. She has undertaken many certification courses to widen her knowledge and skill-sets. She is a certified CBT, Child Psychology, and REBT practitioner (all advanced) and a Psychotherapist. She is passionate about learning new things and holds a practical approach to anything and everything in life.
Our office address is: Socially Souled LLP, Basement 109 Espace, Nirvana Country sector-50, Gurugram, Haryana, India 122018
Yes, the internship content is planned to give you an expansive knowledge starting from the very basics.
Yes, you can practise the various experiential techniques taught to you at a personal level, with your family and friends, and in the professional realm. However, you will not be called a Practitioner in this field.
You can opt for 90/120/180 or 240 hours of Internship. The duration of the internship will vary based on the assessments and projects.
You will get trained in both theoretical and experiential aspects for holistic learning.
No, the recordings won't be provided.
Yes, there is an option of Equated monthly instalments (EMI) when you pay through Razorpay. You would have to check the availability of the same with your card/bank while doing the payment.
Yes, there are 15% Group Discounts available for a group of three or more
participants. You can contact us to receive the coupon code for the same or you can directly proceed with adding the preferred course for 3 people and the discount would be applied automatically.
We don’t offer any trial sessions for any of our courses.
Yes, you will receive a certificate of completion after you complete the Internship and all the assessments.
No, we have strict non-refundable and non- cancellation policies. You can read about the same through the policies section on our website.