About the Course
Commencing on the 24th of June, the 6-week Art Therapy Practitioner Course offers a systematic and in-depth exploration of the intriguing intersection of art and psychology. The aim is to empower individuals to harness the therapeutic power of art as a means of fostering self-expression, healing, and mental well-being. Engage with a rich tapestry of theory, practical activities, discussions, and reflection, all tailored to provide a fulfilling learning journey.
Week 1: 24th June: 6 pm to 7:30pm
25th June: 11 am to 12:30 pm
- Introduction to Art Therapy: Explore the history of art therapy.
- Techniques of Art Therapy: Explore the uses of art therapy.
Week 2: 1st July: 6 pm to 7:30pm
2nd July: 11 am to 12:30 pm
- Tools and Exercises in Becoming an Empathetic Art Therapist: Focus on expression, imagination, and active participation.
- Art Therapy for Children, Teens & Adults: Delve into the mind-body connection with exercises and case studies.
Week 3: 8th July: 6 pm to 7:30pm
9th July: 11 am to 12:30 pm
- Introduction to Art Therapy for Children & Teens: Learn about unique ideas and activities, including collage, coloring, doodling and scribbling, drawing, finger painting.
- Introduction to Art Therapy for Adults: Understand how Art Therapy can help deal with anxiety, trauma, depression, substance dependency, and other issues.
Week 4: 15th July: 10 am to 11:30 am
16th July: 12 pm to 1:30 pm
- Art Therapy for Family, Couples, and Personal Growth: Learn how art therapy aids expression and exploration in the setting of families and relationships, and personal growth.
- Techniques and Practical Applications: Introduction to free hand doodling, and other exercises for various settings.
Week 5: 22nd July: 10 am to 11:30 am
23rd July: 12 pm to 1:30 pm
- Exploring Art Mediums: Introduction to the art of coloring, understanding the features and workings of memory, and creating mood boards.
- Practical Applications: Exploration through water colors and expressing through this medium.
Week 6: 29th July: 10 am to 11:30 am
30th July: 12 pm to 1:30 pm
- Art Journaling & Storytelling: Introduction to journaling and art journaling as a medium of expression.
- Recap and Concluding Session: Understanding the importance of storytelling through this medium, practicing collage making with recycled materials, and revisiting key concepts.
- Week-wise Pre reads
- Session recordings
- Internship opportunities for Bachelors students & Work opportunities for people with Masters and beyond
- 1 on 1 session with experts
- Dedicated community
- Practical & Fun Activities
- Special discounts on Souled Merchandise
Learn from leading Psychologists & Art Therapists.
Simran Wahan, our resource faculty, is an Art Therapist with more than 23 years of experience. Her work is inspired by culture, nature, affect, and spiritual learnings. She has an expertise in employing art therapy to facilitate effective communication and expression.
Aparna Raghavan is School Counsellor, Behaviour Therapist, Researcher with noted experience in both teaching and practising Psychology. She is a certified Expressive Arts Therapist and her qualifications include M Phil Psychology, B Ed in Special Education
Sakina Patanwala, a versatile Counsellor and Certified Arts-based therapist working toward mental health with 5+ years of experience in all aspects of mental well-being, emphasizing sexual abuse and misbehavior, grief counseling, and other traumas.
Who should do the course?
Aspiring Art Therapist
Practicing therapists who want to diversify their skill set
Art enthusiasts who are interested in the therapeutic potential of art
Professionals in education, human resources, social work, healthcare who can use Art Therapy as an additional tool.
Individuals interested in self-exploration and personal development
Why this Course?
Focuses on using art as a medium of therapy for various demographics: children, teens, adults.
Designed and facilitated by experts with rich experience in Art Therapy.
Encourages exploration of personal growth and self-expression through art.
Why should one do this Course?
To gain a deep understanding of Art Therapy as a discipline.
To acquire skills and knowledge to practice Art Therapy professionally.
To explore the therapeutic and transformative power of art for personal growth.
To enrich existing therapeutic practices with art-based techniques.
To discover new avenues for career and personal development.